Friday, April 20, 2012

Liv 6 months

Liv 6 months

My baby girl is already half a year old! I can't wait for this girl to love girlie things, to love dresses, to carry her purse around, and to want her nails painted. I find myself torn between holding on to the baby and wanting her to grow up so I can experience my girl as a toddler. I just love the age Beck is at so I can't wait for her to get there! Jamie and I laugh at how different it is with your second child. I would post every tiny thing he did like my kid was the only one doing it. Then you have your second and realize "oh. They all do that." haha! We get a big kick out of it. But everyone has to experience their first baby and has the right to share every little detail! And hope the second at least gets some attention. "Poor Livy", is what we say...

This month Liv started sitting up. I saw another 5 month old sitting and was like "hmmm? I wonder if Liv can do that?" Sure enough. She started the month a little wobbly and ended sitting like a pro. I checked Beck's blog and he was sitting at the same age, which tells ya whether you work with them or not, they will progress, bc I can assure you we worked with Beck way more.

This girl has got sleeping perfected. The rolling has completely resolved itself. She easily rolls both ways now and so it doesn't wake her up or make her cry to roll anymore.

7am wake, eat, play
8:30/9 nap (I let her wake on her own for naps at this age b/c I've trained her to wake at the appropriate time, give or take a half hour)
10:30 wakes, eat, play
1:00 eat, nap (this deviates from the eat, wake, sleep Baby Wise pattern bc I'm training her to nap twice a day and take her afternoon nap with Beck. I'm ok with the deviation bc she doesn't fall asleep at the breast and it doesn't affect her routine)
4:00 wake, eat, play
7pm eat, bed for night (it's very hard to keep her awake for 3 hours but she's getting better)

She loves baths with her brother! She thinks he's the funniest thing! She's captivated by his every move. And just within the past week he has started interacting with her in a more mature way. He tries to get her to play with him or carry her places. They're gonna be best buds!

Last week he told her he loved her. Ahhhh my heart melted. He's only told two people he loved them, she was the second, Mason was the first. We tell him I love you all the time obviously and have tried to get him to reciprocate voluntarily since he started talking nearly a year ago, but he would only say it if we told him to. One day he was hugging Mason and he told I'm I love you. Then about a week later he was hugging Livy and told her I love you. It was adorable, bc you knew he meant it. He understood that it was something we said when we felt it, so he used it at an appropriate time, when he felt it. Ahhhh love it.

She still nurses 5 times a day (7, 10, 1, 4, 7). No table foods yet.











No comments:

Post a Comment