Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beck: 3 Months Old







Watch out everyone! Beck's 3 months old, and he's lettin' us know he's growin up! All within about a week's time of turning 3 months, he learned to laugh, sleep without his swaddler, suck his thumb, sleep through the night (8+ hours), and play with toys.

He had been trying to suck his thumb ever since he was born, but in the last few weeks he began trying even harder. He would wake up in the middle of a nap and get frustrated because he didn't have a pacifier and couldn't figure out how to get his thumb into his mouth.

He also loved being swaddled. So ever since he came home from the hospital he has been in a swaddler to sleep. Slowly he kept breaking free in the middle of sleep, until this week I tried a nap without it and it was successful! He is quite mobile without his swaddler though! So I had to put his bumper on the crib.

Ever since 8 weeks he has been sleeping 6.5 hrs- from midnight until 6:30 am. Finally this week, after shortening his naps by 1/2 hour each, he slept 8+ hours through the night.

So put it all together and this morning I woke to my 8 am alarm for the first time in months!! It all came together last night! He ate for the last time at 11 pm, I had to wake him at 8:30 am, and when I went to wake him he was swaddler-free and sucking his thumb! The cutest sight I have ever seen!!! (I'm partial, I was a thumb-sucker!)

Naps have been so cute today. I can hear him from the hallway sucking as hard as he can trying to remember how to get his thumb back into his mouth. He has eventually figured it out each time. I feel such a relief now, knowing he can soothe himself.

Although I'd taken him to the pool many times before, he only dipped his feet in the water. Finally he was submerged up to his neck this week. The smallest size swimmer diapers they make are for 16 lbs. As you can see from the pic, they're a bit big! But they worked!!! He loved being in the water!

He also had his first photo shoot this week. Our friends, Jeff and Amanda Seymore of Epic Photography have shot our engagement, wedding, maternity, & Beck pics. (Amanda was also my doula.) Check out Beck's 3 month pics at http://photos.epicphotodesign.com/p693179583 Password: bdruelinger1

It has been so exciting watching Beck grow through each phase. I can't wait for the next thing he'll surprise us with!

Beck's Growth:
Birth- 6.4 lbs 19.5 in
8 days- 6.8 lbs
6 wks- 10.9 lbs
12 wks- 14.3 lbs 24.5 in

No comments:

Post a Comment