Saturday, June 23, 2012

Beck 24-27 months

Beck 24-27 Months


Beck is quite the character these days. He's so fun to listen to!

He tries to use plurals, like "I have two greens ball!" or "can I have mores?"

He communicates well with his friends too, for example "hey Reed?! You wanna play with this?!"

He loves Veggie Tales and recently he started quoting Larry Boy's motto "I. Am. That. Heeerrrroooooo!" over and over and over. So cute!

If I tell him "Beck you're gonna get hurt!" he replies "I don't wanna get hurt!" any warning I give he thinks is a suggestion.

For about a month a conversation with him was very difficult to be had bc this is how it would go. "mommy I want more ice cream!" "you want more ice cream?" "ok!!" He would always turn our question into a suggestion and gladly accept!

He has quite the vocabulary! He calls Liv baby doll, sweetheart, and stinkeroo. He says things are amazing and awesome.

He discovered emotions these months. I think it started with the Veggie Tales movie "I'm not scared of the boogy man". Scared was his first emotion to play out. He would say something like going into a room with the lights off, was "scary". Now he's moved on to sad.

He loves playing with baby dolls. Yep. His dad LOVES it. (sarcasm) He loves to put baby night night, giving her a paci and blankie and turning off the lights, turning on the sound machine, shutting the door, and telling Momma "shhhhhh baby's sleeping!" omg the cutest!!! The other day I caught him singing Jesus Loves Me (I sing it to him before putting him to bed) when putting his baby doll night night. My heart melted!
Good thin Daddy doesn't blog!

He is doing a MUCH better job of holding his pee longer and just this week he has started telling me when he has to go or saying yes if I ask him if he has to go. He still wears a diaper to nap and night. His nap diaper is almost always dry and his night diaper is dry about 1/7 nights per week.

He is dealing much better with me feeding Liv. He still wants attention while I'm feeding her, but he's at least obedient now. I sit in a chair in Liv's room that looks down the hall into Beck's room while I feed her. He is allowed to play in his room only during that time. So every feeding he gets the elephant toy, puts it at the edge of his room leading into the hallway, and dances for me until I'm done. Every. Time.

His favorite toy is still cars. He loves to fly his airplane around the house. Other toys he loves are his "toy stories" figurines and his tool set, specifically the screw driver.

He can count to 10. He can recognize the letter B and knows his name begins with it. He can sing most of his ABCs. He can recognize the numbers 1-9. We're working on spelling his name and stop.

We got a pet. A lizard. Daddy brought home a lizard and a tree frog from the job site one day. After the first night of croaking in the wee hours of the morning, the frog got the boot. But the lizard made the cut. After weeks without a name, Cousin Laine vidited and named him Louie. Beck loves to search for "lizard food" in the yard and watch Louie eat them.
Louie's Home
Louie the Lizard
The one night stand with the tree frog

I've started doing some homeschooling stuff with him. We've had a monthly sensory tub that he can use all his senses to experience different themes or environments. We make things that develop fine motor skills, such as a coin container or peeling off stickers. We learn about colors and healthy food. We cut out shapes and glue them to paper. We learn about science and chemical reactions.... ok so I'm not sure he got that point, but he thought it was cool to watch it fizz!
He made a coin container to count coins and checkers.  

Yellow Food Day


Sensory Tub- Oceans

Fishin' in the Ocean

Swimmin' in the ocean
Making fizz- vinegar and baking soda

Gluing Shapes

Daddy's garage sale find!

Using Swimmies!
He digs chocolate milk... not doughnuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment