Thursday, March 22, 2012

Liv 5 months




Pushing up! She's gonna crawl soon... I can feel it.
She only sucks her right thumb now.
Liv's Baby Dedication
with Max and Jessica
With the Shockleys

I finally got her name on the wall... I made a banner!

at her 4 month check up





Schedule:
wake 7am, eat
nap 9-10:30/11am, eat
eat again 1pm
nap 1:30-4/4:30, eat
eat again 7pm
bed 7:15pm

This is her schedule most days. I try to keep her on a 2 nap a day schedule because it works best with our schedule.

The girl is just happy all the time! Don't get me wrong, when she's tired, she'll let ya know... She LOVES to watch Beck! That gets her so excited and giggly. He is dying for her to be able to play with him. I can't wait! I find myself wishing away her babyhood so that they can play together. Bittersweet. She sits up on her own in a tripod form. She rolls both ways, although back to front is still difficult. She is an excellent sleeper. Naps and nighttime. She rarely falls asleep in her car seat and even rarer in the stroller. It is difficult to keep her awake for 2 hours.

The blowouts have completely stopped (except for the once a month that's normal for all babies), and the spitting up has almost completely stopped. She can wear the same outfit all day now! Blanke suggested raising one end of her crib mattress to help reduce spitting up or drainage with a cold... I tried it and I feel like it's helped.

My biggest struggle is feeding times. Beck does not like it when I'm feeding Liv. He will stand by me and talk, shake her hand, hit her head, pull on her, drive cars on her, kick me, (all in a playful, not mean way) just to get my attention. He's done this since we brought her home. I figured it would have stopped by now. I've tried everything it seems- if I lock him out of the room he beats in the door which distracts Liv which drags out the situation. I've tried reading to him, putting a show on, having Jamie play with him, or giving him something to play with. I'm at a loss.

We're now running into a problem with Liv sleeping. Now that she's older she wiggles more which causes her to roll over. She's a belly sleeper so when she rolls over it wakes her up. So at 3 am I wake up to her starring right at me in the monitor laughing and squealing as she plays with her toes on her back. Then after about 5 minutes she gets tired of that and starts screaming. So far I've always gone in to turn her back over. It doesn't happen every night, just occasionally. She's not that good at going from back to front yet, so I figure I'll keep turning her until she can do it easily on her own. The past 2 nights she's consistently done it at 9:30 and 11:30pm. It always starts with her coughing so much it wakes her up. So I'm thinking it's because she's suck and the pattern will end once she gets better. I hope! Any advice from your experience is welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment